Our Lady's N.S.

Our Lady's N.S.
Our Lady's N.S. is a six teacher primary school in Ballingarry, Thurles, Co Tipperary

Sunday 11 October 2015

Happy Days!



We’re generally a happy lot up here at Our Lady’s N.S. but some days are extra special. We asked our Senior Room students to share some of their happier memories with us.

The Best Day Ever
by Emer Dunne, 5th Class
My best memory ever was the time my dog Skylark Snowy won the semi-final at Thurles Greyhound Stadium. She ran out of trap three. My dad and I were so happy.
Then it was getting closer and closer to the final. That Saturday we looked at the computer and found out that she was in trap two. We were happy because she liked the inside.
When the race started she came out well and won the final. We were so happy. She won a glass bowl. That was my best day ever!

Tayto Park
by Isabell Foy, 5th Class
I remember when Mum, Dad, Granny (Donegal Granny!), my cousin Sarah and I went to Tayto Park. Sarah and I woke up at 7 o’clock we were so excited. The journey took about one hour and thirty minutes.
It took another ten minutes just to find a parking space. When we got out of the car we could hear people screaming from The Cú Chulainn Coaster. When we got in Dad, Sarah and I had to get a wristband each and it was fifteen euro for one.
The best part was going on the Cú Chulainn. Dad and I were in the queue for about five minutes. I remember I was sweating and thinking I should go back but then the car jerked and we were off. It went up the hill and there were lots of flags on top.
It only took 30 seconds to get around the whole rollercoaster. Twelve people could get on it at a time and it sounded like thunder.
After that Mum, Granny, Dad, Sarah and I went to the gift shop. Sarah and I spent lots of money in the gift shop.
On the way home we got a takeaway in Urlingford. The next day we were all very tired.

My Best Day Ever
by Órla Ivors, 5th Class
My best day ever was when I landed in Australia. I was eight and I couldn’t sleep on the plane at all even though I had two seats by the window. The food was horrible and I had to chew something when we were taking off and landing so my ears wouldn’t pop.
I was very nervous that morning when going to Dublin Airport. Mum’s friend came with us. Brónagh and I were at the back of the mini-bus. Even though I was sad leaving my friends in Ballingarry I was also excited because I was seeing my dad over in Australia.
On the flight I remember Óran coming over to me in the middle of the night because I was still awake. We just talked and looked out the window at the dark sky lit up by city lights. To take my mind off things I watched movies and played games on the plane. I had been so excited getting on the plane but after a while I got bored sitting on my own. I would walk to the toilet just to move my legs. There would always be a queue at the toilet but I didn’t mind waiting.
The one time there was nice food I was actually asleep and wouldn’t wake up!
It was boring when we had to stop at different airports for a few hours just to get a rest from the plane. When we were walking around Abu Dhabi Airport two men who were working there said ‘Hello Princess’ to me because of my blonde hair and blue eyes. I didn’t know whether to be creeped out or to take it as a compliment. We had McDonald’s and it could have been better. We also stopped at Singapore Airport for about half an hour and then went back on the plane.
When the five of us got out of the plane in Brisbane Airport we were all excited to see what Australia had in store for us. There was a search dog sniffing our bags before we left the airport. I held back the urge to rub him. He was a beagle. He was scary and cute at the same time. It would baffle you to think if he was nice or vicious.
When we were finally out of the airport the sun was shining so bright and hot but of course I was standing there in long pants and UGG boots!
I ran when I saw my Dad’s familiar smiling face. There was so much joy that day and I loved it very much.

Castlecomer Feis
by Ellen Geeves, 5th Class
One day after dancing practice, my dancing teacher gave me a feis leaflet and said that my sister and I could go to our first feis. She gave one to my friends Ellie and Ciara too. We borrowed the dresses that we had to wear. We practiced and practiced for nearly a month before the feis.
The day of the feis we got up at eight o’clock. We left at around nine. We had our dresses, shoes and drinks in the boot. When we got there Kilkenny Dance Shop were there.
The first thing we did was sign in. My sister and I were to have four dances. Ellie had two and Ciara had three.
At three o’clock we started dancing. It took a while for all the dances to be finished. After nearly an hour of waiting the judges gave out the medals and trophies. I won three medals. I was really happy.
My dad said he was never going to a feis again! Even though he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.