Our Lady's N.S.

Our Lady's N.S.
Our Lady's N.S. is a six teacher primary school in Ballingarry, Thurles, Co Tipperary

Friday 2 October 2015

Cross Country Success!

We had a very successful day at the Tipperary Cross Country Championships on Wednesday, September 30th. In beautiful Autumn sunshine our runners were not intimidated by the large crowds and posted some very impressive finishes. Isabelle Corbett finished first in her race as did Emma Murray while there were top ten finishes for Shane Burns (3rd), Shauna Dunne (4th) and Bronagh Ivors (7th).
Our 3rd/4th Class Girls were the highest ranked team in their race. The 3rd/4th Class Boys finished 11th. The 5th/6th Class Girls finished 5th while the 5th/6th Class Boys were narrowly beaten into 4th. All the hard work really paid off and we are indebted to Marie Corbett for all her help on the day and in coaching our young athletes.Thanks also to the parents who came to support.
Fifth Class student Bonnie Hehir tells of her experience.

As I sat in the car waiting to get to school, I thought about the upcoming races. I smiled with excitement as I got out of the car and into the line. When we got into class we sat down and got to work
When the time finally came I got onto the bus with a grin on my face. I sat beside my friend Ellen. The bus started moving and we were on our way. As Ellen and I talked I started getting nervous. When we got there I had butterflies but was eager to race.
We got out, chose a spot and waited. We ate our lunch and talked a bit. Then the 3rd/4th Class race was about to begin.We waited by the race track and suddenly there was a lot of cheering. Isabelle passed by us with two other girls.We cheered on all the Ballingarry racers. At the end of the race we saw Isabelle with a gold medal in her hand. She had come first!
Races passed until it was the turn of the 5th/6th Class girls. We got in position and then a sudden whistle went off. I sprinted with other girls at the front but soon became tired. I jogged, walked and sprinted. At the end I had come in 48th place. I was happy and tired of course. On the bus home everyone was talking and having fun. I went to my mum at home time and told about everything.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.