Our Lady's N.S.

Our Lady's N.S.
Our Lady's N.S. is a six teacher primary school in Ballingarry, Thurles, Co Tipperary

Thursday 4 May 2017

Confirmation Day

Twenty four students from Fifth and Sixth Class were Confirmed by Archbishop Kieran O'Reilly on Friday, April 28th. in The Church of the Assumption, Ballingarry.

My Confirmation - by Keira Jayne Cleere (5th Class)
On Friday morning I got up at 5a.m. and then at 7a.m. I got my hair done. As the time went on I was getting more nervous. When I was finished getting my hair done I went home and got dressed. Soon it was time to go to the church. Archbishop Kieran O'Reilly confirmed us. He was really kind and nice.
After the church we went home. We had a bouncy castle. My cousin and I were messing on it. That night I was so tired but I had a great day.

My Confirmation - by Shauna Dunne (5th Class)
On Friday morning I was excited and nervous at the same time. For breakfast I put two slices of bread into the toaster but I could only eat one. I put on my uniform and brushed out my hair as we were in a hurry to get to the hairdressers. I got a waterfall braid in my hair.
We got delayed there so we had to rush home. By this time I was getting nervous. Mammy put on her make-up and I put on a necklace and then we left for the church.
When it was my turn to read a prayer I was a little nervous but when I was up there though I was ok. When the Mass was over we took pictures. They were so boring. After that we went for something to eat in the Anner Hotel. It was a lovely dinner. For dessert I had a chocolate brownie and that was even nicer than the dinner.
Afterwards we went to Emer's house. We went on the bouncy castle. It was a brilliant day but it was very late when we went to sleep.

My Confirmation - by Brónagh Ivors (5th Class)
On April 28th at a quarter past eight I woke up and had two pancakes for breakfast. For about half an hour we started getting the house ready and finished laying down the new stones outside.
As I got my shower my mother ironed the uniforms with a perfume. I was excited as I got ready. I did Orla's hair and she did mine.
On the way to the church I became a bit nervous but felt better when I talked to my friends. Before we went into the church myself, Órla, my mam and my dad had our picture taken.
As I sat in the church I was anxious. Through all the ceremony I fiddled with my fingers. When the Confirmation Mass started I sat and I listened, I watched and I answered. My sponsor was my godfather, Barry Brennan.
When Mass ended I took a picture with Emma, Keira Jayne and Debbie. Afterwards we took the class photos. When I went home I was excited to see my family. I ate a roll and went onto the bouncy castle with my cousins. We had two bouncy castles and a disco dome.
When the day ended, myself, my brother, my sister, my cousin and my sister's friend listened to music and talked in the disco dome and eventually fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.